The AlphaTrainer system was created and designed
by Tom Shefchunas, a certificated flight instructor and corporate aviator
with over 30 years of experience. Early in his career, he became frustrated
with the lack of training and poor pilot understanding of angle of attack.
Motivated by the anguish for the flying friends he needlessly lost because
of a misunderstanding of the basic principals of flight, Tom developed
the unique AlphaTrainer, which earned a U.S. Patent in 1997, to unlock
the mystery of flight in a clear and simple manner.
- Tom Shefchunas. Cumming, Georgia. Corporate jet pilot, CFI, and originator of AlphaTrainer.
- Austin Meyer. Columbia, South Carolina. Pilot, engineer, author of X-Plane, and owner of Laminar Research, Inc.
- Chuck Bodeen. Panama City, Florida. Student pilot, engineer, programmer, designer of AlphaTrainer programs and planes.
- Sandy Barbour. Kinghorn, Fife, Scotland. Programmer of the AlphaTrainer “plugin” for X-Plane. Co-author (with Ben Supnik) of the X-Plane Plugin SDK.
- Don Cramer. Franklin, Pennsylvania. Engineer, pilot, CFII, AlphaTrainer Webmaster, and Technical Editor.
- Tom Wilson. El Cajon, California. Programmer of AlphaTrainer 2D.
- Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino. Cumming, Georgia. Graphic designer and pilot.